TLI41222 Driving Instructor Course
Certificate IV in Motor Vehicle Driver Training - Specialisation Group A (Car) is a transport and logistics course course with a driving instruction context.
- In the TLI41222 course you will learn to provide training to learner drivers in a variety of situations to make them safe and proficient drivers
- You will gain an understanding of how people learn and how to design and develop learning programs and create or source the tools needed to teach them
- By the end of the course, you will be able to plan and present lessons and keep records of your students’ progress
- Trent Education will teach you the building blocks of driver training with their 54 instruction topics
- Comprehensive lesson planning and assessment tools are provided for you to use
- You will learn about running your driver training business as a sole trader or working for a school
- You will acquire a full understanding of the RMS requirements for learner drivers and managing them through the testing period
TLI41222 Course Structure
There are two components to our Certificate IV in Motor Vehicle Driver Training course
The practical training is competency based. How quickly the practical component is completed depends on the amount of home practice that you perform and the existing knowledge you have.
The practical component of the TLI41222 course is made up of 14 x 2hr sessions, with an additional 2hr assessment. If any of the assessments are failed then remedial sessions will be needed. The more home practice you perform the fewer hours you will need with your trainer. At the end of your practical training, you will complete a final assessment. This is performed in-car and on-road with one of our specially selected assessors in a designated location. This will test your readiness for the job and complete your training.
The TLI41222 – Certificate IV in Motor Vehicle Driver Training – Specialisation Group A (Car) qualification, awarded to graduates of the course, is a recognised qualification under the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF). All skills from recognised courses are under this framework. The qualification from the course is recognised Australia wide and enables you to acquire a driving instructors licence. See Training.gov.au.
At the end of the course you will be awarded a Certificate in the following units:
- TAEASS301 – Contribute to assessment
- TAEDEL301- Provide work skill instruction
- TLIF0025 – Follow work health and safety procedures
- TLIG2007 – Work in a socially diverse environment
- TLII0005 – Apply customer service skills
- BSBINS309 – Maintain business records
- TLIC0031 – Apply low risk car driving behaviours
- TLIC1051 – Operate commercial vehicle
- TLIL2060 – Complete induction to the transport industry
- TLIL4009 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- TLIM0008 – Conduct car driver training
- TLIM0016 – Develop low risk car driving behaviours in others
Pricing & Locations
Total investment for the course is $3500 when you pay upfront. Textbooks included.
If you would like to pay in instalments, please contact our specialist on 02 8748 4500.
The theory component is accessed through an online student portal which is included in the fees. If you require extra lessons or support throughout your training period, we can arrange for remedial sessions to be conducted for only $75 an hour.
The Driving Instructor Course can be done in your local area in Sydney, Melbourne, Illawarra, Central Coast, and Newcastle.
TLI41222 Enrolment Requirements
Before you enrol, you need the following:
Before you can get your driving instructors licence you must obtain a Letter of Eligibility from the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS). To obtain this letter, you need to undergo a series of checks and tests:
- Hold a Full Licence (for 3 out of the last 4 years) and be at least 21 years of age
- Complete a working with children check
- Pass a commercial medical assessment – PDF with your GP
- Sit the instructor knowledge test (at Service NSW), in English and without interpreter assistance (there are 90 questions in this knowledge test)
- Sit the instructor driving test (either manual or automatic) with 95% pass rate. If you complete your instructor driving test in an automatic vehicle you can only instruct in an automatic vehicle. If you complete the test in a manual vehicle, you can instruct in either a manual or automatic vehicle
- Provide Service NSW with a digital photo of yourself or 2 passport size photos (if applying at a service centre)
- Complete an ‘Application for Licence under Driving Instructors Act 1992’ and take it to Service NSW, or submit an application online
- The RMS will check your criminal history and driving records when processing your application
When these requirements have been met, the RMS will issue you with an Eligibility Advice. A copy of this letter is required to convert your qualification into a licence.
From 1 January 2015 if you are undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a registered training organisation you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
How To Get A USI – It is free and easy for you to create your own USI online click here.